Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Chilling Truth

Well, the chilling truth is that its just danged cold out, huh?? Who really would have thought that we would have this much cold weather here already, huh? Its actually like Nebraska SHOULD be...... I'm not saying I'm liking it ..... I just think this is really out of our 'trend' of normal for this time of the year. Actually, I don't care how cold it gets right now.... as long as it warms up for about this time NEXT week............ believe me, taking care of all those Christmas visitors is a whole lot easier when 'ol Mother Nature is on better behavior. It makes us really appreciate those hydronically heated outdoor runs that we have..... Woo HOO..... hose away!!

As I sit in my warmy house and notice that it is -2 degrees outside it really makes me appreciate those guys that just now drove by out there on the road clearing the snow so that we can all get to where we want here this morning! ..... and then, of course, you know............ Chevy and/or Rachel will be there, as usual, steady as a rock to open up and get things started for the day at 5am!! I wonder how those guys are doing that are supposed to be putting siding on my sister's house...... can they work in this?? How is it that this just happens to be the week that Dian is in Long Beach at the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship dog show?? I am so glad that 20 years ago I decided to buck the 'norm' and build an all indoor, enclosed, climate controlled pet care facility!!! All kinds of cold things wandering through my head here this morning!! :)

On another cool note...... (no pun really intended!) -21 degrees wind chill out on Monday am and Paula (bless her brave soul) had 4 mobile grooms to go out and put the final 'holiday touches' on!! I am happy to say............ all went pretty darned well!! A-MAZing, I think...... Incredible thanks to the Wagn'Tails folks for an incredible machine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment