Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hogan M.

Ohhhhhh…………. What a hard nut to swallow. We just received a call from a very good customer to tell us that their dog had succumbed this morning to the heat & humidity. These are excellent and very responsible people with the most wonderful little dog. He had plenty of shade and water available and who knows what other circumstances might have been involved but nevertheless……… things do happen. This is especially hard for me as I am ‘partial’ to those little pug-nosed (brachyocephalic) breeds and this was a wonderful little dog. (only 6 years old & seemingly very healthy) We take these summer months all quite seriously here at K.I……… shades are already up, we’ve been pounding “heat” precautions & “work smart” options into everyone’s head, and this week’s TenMinuteTrainer is on “safety” anyway. (which this time of the year is always centered on the heat!) One of the things we usually do around here is always think of the Pet’s First….. and some of the emphasis of this trainer was to not only worry about the pets ……but also yourself and your coworkers. The tragic passing of our friend Hogan this morning personalizes that all a bit more!! Our sincere condolences to this family…………. Our hearts hurt…….. Rest In Peace, Hogan M.

1 comment:

  1. Our air conditioner went out late yesterday afternoon. I was working at the Salt Dogs until about 11:15. When I came home to find the house hot and no chance for relief until tonight I looked at my husband and said, "there's no way the dogs can stay in the house tomorrow." He told me he had already taken care of it and made appointments for them at the Kenel Inn for puppy daycare today.

    We've used your place a couple of time know and are very impressed. I am doing a shout out for the Kenel Inn in my blog tomorrow, come visit.

    ReplyDelete